Friedenthal, Miller, Sexton, and Hershkoff's Civil Procedure: Cases and Materials, 12th
Other Available Formats
Free Shipping Offer
West Academic Publishing
American Casebook Series
The Twelfth Edition of this very popular casebook provides a framework for studying the essential and cutting-edge issues of civil procedure in an accessible but rigorous way. The materials are designed to reinforce doctrinal understanding, to foster case reading skills, to encourage critical thinking about the real-world context of procedural decisions, and to help develop a sense of litigation strategy.
The casebook covers all of the major topics that a professor might wish to teach in a first-year course, and can easily be adapted for courses of one- or two-semesters, of different credit hours, and with varied practical or theoretical emphases. A supplement includes all updated Federal Rules, federal statutes and constitutional provisions pertinent to procedure, the pleadings in Twombly and Iqbal, a model case file, a litigation flow-chart, state materials, and other important teaching tools.
New materials include:
- Notes on the latest Supreme Court cases on general jurisdiction;
- Materials on the role of virtual contacts in determining personal jurisdiction
- Notes on the latest Supreme Court cases on diversity jurisdiction and the arising under power
- Note on the latest Supreme Court case on specialized venue
- Expanded notes on multidistrict litigation and group litigation
- Materials on the 2015 amendments to the discovery rules, including e-discovery
- Materials on the NFL concussion litigation and ascertainability under Rule 23.
You May Also Be Interested In